Thursday, August 21, 2008

Upgraded to flash player 10

I just upgraded my Ubuntu to flash player 10. Using flash 9 was fine, but I had few problems with online movies (i.e. youtube) and with heating of the processor.

The main problem was with the online movies: after few seconds of playback firefox crashed. Now it seems to work; I can't be sure yet because firefox used to crash randomly after few seconds of playback: up to now I watched a couple of movies without any problem.

Another issue related with online movies was that after I played a movie with the flash player, I was not able to play anything with acutal player (i.e. mplayer or totem): they just frezzed without playing any sound or video. Now this problem is solved.

I still have to check if the heating problem has improved or not.

To upgrade, just do
apt-get remove --purge flashplugin-nonfree
download the flash 10 beta from Adobe labs, unzip it and
cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/plugins

No comments: