Thursday, March 8, 2007

What GMail needs

I use GMail since quite long time right now. I think it's almost perfect. It's the only comfortable-to-use webmail.

It groups mails into conversation and thanks to tags it's easy following discussion with people, even easier than using a standard mail application. Much easier.

Frankly I don't know why other mail applications haven't yet introduced the concept of conversation... after all it's not *that* different from the concept of thread.

In order to be almost perfect, GMail should give the user the possibility of ignore a conversation.

I follow a number of mailing lists. Some of them are technical, some others are more political. As in every mailing list, sometimes there are flames.
I rarely am interested in flames, so I'd like to tell GMail I don't want to read a particular conversation anymore.

It become quite annoying when a not-desired conversation keeps poping in your inbox just because someone else just flamed again.

No comments: